Naval Academy Training:
The training within the Naval Academy is a contract between three partners: the trainee the trainee, the teacher and the institution.
1. The trainee is submitted to a selection to enhance the effectiveness of the educational system;
- The Engineering Studies:Candidates should be entitled of:
- The high school diploma (baccalaureate) in one of the following branches: Mathematics, applied sciences, techniques and computing science. Subsequently, the candidates follow two years of higher education in the incorporated preparatory cycle, then three years in one of the specialties of the engineering cycle.
- The National Diploma of the Preparatory cycle.
- The Master’s Degree in Technologies: Candidates should be entitled of the high school diploma (baccalaureate) in one of the following branches: Mathematics, applied sciences, techniques and computing science. The training in this branch lasts 4 years.
2.The teachers are in charge of the training of the future officers who should meet the laid down standards of competence.
3.The institution plays a significant role in the training of the officer by:
- Providing the necessary means for the training at the disposal of the learner and the teacher;
- Ensuring the proper working of the organization and the planning of the curriculum.
- Ensuring the proper execution of the curriculum.
- Ensuring the quality of teaching;
- Ensuring that the “end product” brings about the required profile.
Resources and Equipments in the Naval Academy
The Naval Academy is a publicly-owned establishment with an administrative aspect endowed with legal entity and financial autonomy.
The Naval Academy is composed of:
-Buildings for the different divisions of the naval academy;
-A Training and Instruction Center of the Maritime Safety;
-Computing, electronics, electro techniques and English Laboratories;
-Sports fields and a gymnasium;
-A port for naval training and nautical activities;
-Small boats and crafts;
-A training ship (NRFK).