The Navy School of Specialties and application provides an enhancement and specialty training.
The application training lasts six months and follows the engineering studies in the naval academy in the following specialties: “deck and naval systems”, “energy and naval techniques”, or other equivalent specialties.
This training provides the trainees with the adequate skills to safely assure the function of officer of the watch in the bridge or in the engine room, or a section chief for the marines.
The specialties training:
The specialties training concerns the officers who are entitled with the application diploma and have spent, at least, 4 years in the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade.
The Navy School of Specialties provides two types of trainings:
- Deck and naval systems specialty: which ensures the adequate training for the officers to assure the following functions:
- Officer in charge of operational watch ;
- Head of the transmission department on board;
- Head of the detection department on board;
- Head of missiles and artillery department on board;
- Maritime operation officer on board a naval unit;
- Officer in charge of operations in an operational division or a naval base;
- Company commander or Intervention foreman underway, in port installations or off-shore for the marines’ specialty.
- Energy and naval techniques specialty: provides the trainee with the adequate knowledge, proficiency and competency to assure the following functions:
-Technical division foreman;
-Technical and logistics officer in a naval base or in an operational division on board naval units;
-Section head of inventory management;
- Section head of local and foreign markets.