Education and training
1- "SHIP'S DIVER"
"SHIP'S DIVER" is a seven (07) week course which aims to develop a high degree of competence related to open circuit self-contained air breathing equipment and ability to dive at daytime and nighttime as well to a depth not exceeding 35 meters. It provides the trainee with skills to perform as team member simple underwater tasks and to act as a diving team leader.
2- "DIVER EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL"
- “ (BS2)”
“DIVER EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL (BS2)” is a 06-month course where attendees learn the following knowledge and skills:
- To dive autonomously safely to a depth of 80 meters using either open circuit self-contained air breathing equipment or appropriate mixed gas / pure oxygen underwater breathing apparatus.
- To perform searching, approaching, identifying and destruction of underwater explosive devices.
- To conduct dive operations.
“DIVER EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL (BS3)” is a nine (09) month course designed to provide qualified EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL (BS2) divers with the training necessary to perform the following tasks:
- Ensuring the responsibilities and duties of a diving mission chief;
- Conducting and supervising the use of explosives;
- Developing a highly knowledge related to munitions and explosive devices;
- A widely familiarization with EOD tools and explosive demolition procedures;
- Expanding methods and techniques in the field of Underwater Construction.
“DIVER EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL (CS2)” is a fifteen (15) week course where attendee acquires the knowledge and the skills enabling him:
- To dive autonomously safely to a depth of 60 meters on air and 40 meters on Nitrox;
- To have an elementary working knowledge of sea mines and the use of explosives;
- To be a part of munitions and explosives clean up missions, to perform basic underwater works, to have a working knowledge of inspection and maintenance of equipment related to EOD missions.
The Combat Diver Course is a seven (07) months course and is divided into 02 phases as follows: Phase one is a preparatory Phase, where trainees go through demanding training to train up their physical strength, to refresh their diving knowledge related to "Ship’s diver" and to determine their ability to breath pure oxygen without deleterious effects at a pressure of 1.7 ATA for a short period. Phase two is the Combat diver fundamental phase, where trainees are mainly taught diving techniques using various underwater breathing apparatus and combat diver tactical skills.
First PHASE: PREPARATORY TRAINING PHASE
The preparatory training phase is a 4-week phase which has the effect of:
- Discerning the candidates who are able to pursue the combat diver course;
- Prepare the candidates for combat diver course.
SECOND PHASE: MAIN PHASE
The main training phase is a 6-month phase where trainees will acquire the knowledge and the skills enabling:
- Diving autonomously safely at daytime and nighttime as well on pure oxygen using a closed circuit breathing apparatus to a depth of 7meters, on air to a depth of 60 meters and to a depth of 25 meters on Nitrox using a semi closed circuit breathing apparatus;
- Gathering military intelligence, conducting sabotage and classified reconnaissance missions;
- Supervising diving operations and training divers.
2- FACILITIES AND CAPABILITIES
The Diving School includes administrative offices, a modern conference room, and three classrooms with state-of-the-art audiovisual capability, dive equipment repair and storage areas, two fully-functional hyperbaric chambers (1800mm and 1200mm diameters) and Complete Hydraulics for Advanced Tooling Applications. Gas delivery systems consist of a high pressure air, Nitrox and tri-mixed gas systems for scuba diving, plus a low pressure air system for chamber operations. In addition to a 28 meter-Diving Tender for open-water training (with recompression chamber and air diving capabilities), several small boats, ranging in size from 03 to 6 meters in length, are available to support diving operations in the surrounding water of the Diving school.